Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick and easy mini vegan Pillsbury cinnamon rolls

I don't know if you've heard the news, but Pillsbury Crescent rolls are vegan- and deliciously soft and flaky. These were always a favorite when  I was a kid! So go ahead and pop open a can and lay the two halves on top of each other.



Pinch together any seams that you need to and then use a rolling pin to roll into a nice square about 1/4" thick.
Baste with some melted butter, sprinkle on cinnamon and brown sugar (however much you want!) leaving the edges clean so that they'll stick together when you toll it. 
When you're finished, just roll into a log and cut with a knife into little discs! Spray a cupcake pan (or you could even just use a regular cookie sheet) and bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes depending on your oven. 

For the icing I started with a basic glaze recipe:
2 c powdered sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp alt. milk 
1/4 c vegan butter 

Then I added about another cup of sugar, another teaspoon of vanilla and a spoonful of vegan cream cheese before I was really happy with it. You can stick with the original glaze recipe if you like or use one of your own. 

And viola- mini cinnamon rolls! 


2 comments:

  1. I thought that was odd too. I assume she's talking about Earth Balance or somehting like it, which is what we call "butter" in my house.

    ReplyDelete