Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Spotted Dog; Vegan BBQ


We went out to lunch at the Spotted Dog Cafe, both taking advantage of and being a bit saddened at our recent lack of a child in the house during the school days.

As I mentioned the first time, there's a Dalmation statue that accepts donations when you walk in the door. All donations benefit Paws 4 Ever, a local charity that works with other local rescue groups and shelters to secure homes, educate the public on animal welfare and reduce spay and neuter costs. They have photos lining the aisles of dogs and pigs. They seem to really love animals so why they're not just a vegan restaurant, I'm not sure.

The first time I tried the vegan BBQ sandwich (sans slaw which usually comes on it) I wasn't a fan. It tasted bland to me, but after a second try I've changed my mind! Maybe one bite just isn't enough to really get a good idea. Regardless, it was mildly spicy and somewhat sweet, and I really wanted to finish it all, even if I couldn't manage to fit it.

We missed the lunch crowd so it wasn't too busy and the waiter was very attentive and luckily asked if we wanted the vegan white bun or the whole wheat honey bun and since the menu didn't offer those options we may otherwise have risked just ending up with the wrong bun and never know.

Now, to find a good recipe for vegan BBQ that I can make at home!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I was at Spotted Dog last night and had this very sandwich! Love it! I run a cooking blog too... you should check out my recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete